Friday, June 18, 2010

First shower to hit Mumbai, June2, 2010 – Monsoon has Signed In.

I was on my way home after an ordinary day at work. On my way I need to take this road that gives you a feel of a walk on the moon with the gravity similar to that on the earth. And as the road waves to the right it turns into a lane; the lane begins with a temple of Lord Krishna where on any given weekday there is always this regular hubbub of worshippers around that place. Few steps ahead under the moonlight sky, no street lights and the prominent drumstick tree was camouflaged a van which read IRIS paints. My tired steps passed two men dressed in dungarees next to the van; I could see one of them with his index finger drawing a semi arch shape in the air and was saying that this is the apt place to fill it with seven colors. You could tell they were some painters. At the end of the lane is my building.

I believe in life there are not accidents. Just few nights before, like one of those dreams where I dream what I read and I read what I dream, I dreamt that the Greek goddess of rainbow – IRIS telling the Mexican God of rain – Talaloc that she has already deployed her people to paint the sky.

I got home freshened up, had dinner, played John Coltrane, caught up with my reading, slipped between the sheets and just then I could hear the first shower of the monsoon and I slipped into another world.

No comments:

Post a Comment